This training course, dedicated to managing performance and creating an effective appraisal system, is designed for anyone who has responsibility for conducting performance appraisal reviews and meetings.
This training course is designed for managers who have little or no knowledge and experience of appraisals and managing business performance effectively.
The course content is also suitable for experienced managers who have not received any formal tuition in the subject or who simply wish to 'brush up' on their skills.
We will present a detailed overview of the Performance Appraisal process (PA) instructing each manager in the value of the PA.
We will explore the value and importance of preparation and a structure for successful appraisal meetings and follow up.
Everyone will have the opportunity to practice the necessary skills and assess performance at all levels ensuring meaningful objectives are established and monitored.
- Defining benefits of the PA
- Gathering appropriate information
- Creating the right environment
- The structure of the interview
- Maintaining focus and direction
- Questioning techniques
- Listening and summarising
- Exercise evaluation and feedback
- Identifying areas for development
- Training and development options