This training course has been developed for managers, team leaders and supervisors who are new to the role, have received no formal tuition or in need of a refresher on the subject of managing discipline and grievance.
Delegates of the training course will learn the essentials of managing the discipline and grievance procedure. This course is designed to help managers to deal specifically with poor performance and managing discipline and will also help them to create an environment in which people perform effectively. In addition, managers will be taught to give and receive constructive feedback to ensure positive working relationships are maintained and to handle performance problems correctly.
At the end of this training course the delegate can:
• Explain how personalities differ
• Display an understanding of people behaviour
• Explain the disciplinary procedure and the essentials of employment law
• Demonstrate effective people management and communication skills
• Give example of good decision making / judgement
The responsibilities of the supervisor/manager