Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Disciplinary and Grievance Investigation Skills Training Course
Who Would Benefit
This training course has been developed for managers, team leaders and supervisors who are new to the role, have received no formal tuition or require a refresher on the subject. The delegate will learn the key principles of conducting the investigation prior to the disciplinary or grievance meeting.
Workplace investigations play an important role in resolving disputes at work. If conducted properly, investigations can help to protect the interests of the organisation by identifying wrongdoings and to support the employer with fair, objective and informed decision-making.
Handled poorly, however, workplace investigations have the potential to create legal risk and serious reputational harm. This course was developed to help delegates correctly conduct the meeting and make sure all the evidence and essential information is provided, to ensure the right decision is taken, positive working relationships are maintained, and the problems are handled correctly.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Recommended No. of Days: 1 day
- Course Location: Virtual or Classroom-based
- Identify the role of the investigator
- Identify the objectives of conducting an interview
- Examine how we communicate
- Identify potential barriers to communication and how these barriers can be removed
- Examine and practice interview techniques which follow a defined structure
- Recognise different styles of interviewing
The Programme Includes:
- Understanding the difference between formal and informal meetings
- Creating a safe place for non-confrontational conversations
- The structure of a formal meeting
- Effective questioning and listening skills
- Accurate note-taking that can be used as evidence
- Building and maintaining rapport during the interview
- Actions after the meeting
- Personal Action Planning