Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Who Would Benefit
This course will benefit all those who interact daily with people at all levels, who wish to improve their communication and leadership skills.
Whilst it is seldom intentional, everyone at some point has demonstrated unconscious bias which has resulted in a personal interaction not quite going the way they would have liked.
It happens more than we would like to imagine, where we may not have a conscious bias towards or indeed away from something or someone, but we jump to conclusions or behave in a certain way that may be at odds with our conscious thoughts.
This can lead to misunderstandings and prejudices that we are not aware of.
This programme will seek to address this concept in more detail and help to make us more aware of how slipping towards an unconscious bias can be avoided, which in turn will help to improve relationships and interactions with others.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Recommended No. of Days: 1 day
- Course Location: Virtual, online or classroom-based
By the end of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Explain the concept of unconscious bias
- Demonstrate the impact it has on those around us
- Recognise you own hidden thoughts and be more objective
- Display an understanding of prejudice and stereotyping
- Become more self-aware when making decisions and interacting with others
- Formulate strategies for combating unconscious bias
The Programme Includes:
- Welcome and introduction
- What is unconscious bias?
- How do I know I'm demonstrating this behaviour?
- The impact of discrimination
- Why we should focus on people as much as processes
- Increasing exposure to biases
- Searching for and gaining acceptance
- Why does acceptance matter?
- Identifying unaccepting and unacceptable behaviours
- Encouraging your team to take an interest in one another
- Words and potential damaging interpretation
- Cultural differences
- Action planning for success