Anyone new in the role or who has not had any formal training in supervising or leading people and teams.
Delegates will learn the principles of effective team leader and supervisory skills. This programme is designed for supervisors and team leaders who have had no formal management training. The course will explore in detail the role and responsibilities of the supervisor and examine the key principles of managing teams and resources in order to get the best out of them. Six core areas of competency have been identified as those most likely to impact on the workplace and give supervisors the practical skills they need. The programme will be underpinned by a theme of 'taking responsibility' and give the supervisors the confidence to perform their job roles to the full.
At the end of this training coursethe delegate can:
• State how to deal with difficult situations
• Demonstrate effective leadership & communication skills
• Apply principles of good personal organisation
• Describe the role of the team leader/supervisor
• Take responsibility
• Show planning and prioritising in action