Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Moving from Colleague to Manager Training Course
Who Would Benefit
Anyone who has or who is about to move from being part of a team to supervising or managing that team will benefit from this training course.
The delegate will learn to navigate the challenges of moving from being part of a team to now being that team’s manager. When someone is promoted from the heart of a team, as a colleague, to being the person in charge of that team, it presents a wealth of challenges that in some cases are obvious and in others cases far more subtle.
This workshop will help delegates to understand the intricacies of making the leap and give them the tools and knowledge to ensure the transition is as seamless as possible.
- CPD Points: 6
- Training Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Training Course Duration: 1 day
- Training Course Location: Virtual, online or classroom-based
- Identify the key aspects of the role of the manager
- Explain common mistakes often made by people making the transition from colleague to manager
- Understand and explain the most important thing to do upon becoming the manager
- Demonstrate how to make the transition as smooth as possible
The Programme Includes:
- What is the key responsibility of the manager?
- What kind of manager do you wish to be?
- What kind of manager does your organisation think you should be?
- Recognising the emotional effect on you
- Not what you expected!
- How to manage the initial announcement
- The early days
- Setting your stall out
- Common pitfalls
- Don’t be ‘that person’
- Phrases to avoid
- Making promises you can’t keep
- How to treat old friends
- Redefining boundaries
- To socialise or not? – that is the question
- Personal philosophies
- Ensuring trust, respect and understanding
- The job is new but you’re not
- Being you
- Getting the best from your team
- Creating the right environment