Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Coffee Break Coaching for Managers
Who Would Benefit
This course would benefit all managers who are looking to develop a natural and more informal style of coaching. Delegates will focus on techniques to help others achieve their personal and professional goals in a variety of everyday work situations.
Many managers and individuals with specific areas of expertise are often required to coach others and good coaching takes practice. The skills require the coach to pull together a number of different skills to be the most effective. This course offers a practical approach to a simple, everyday informal coaching and provides a basic introduction to build on.
- CPD Points: 12
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Course Duration: 5
- Course Location: Virtual or classroom based
- Understand the importance of workplace coaching
- Understand how to identify appropriate coaching opportunities
- Select the appropriate time and place to conduct coaching
- Understand the importance of listening and giving feedback
- Gain confidence in using an effective coaching model
The Programme Includes:
- Welcome and objectives
- An introduction to Coffee Break Coaching
- Which coaching currently takes place in the business
- How effective is it?
- Selecting the correct environment to have a conversation
- 4 Stage Process
- Starting the Conversation
- Questioning & listening skills
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Ensuring coaching fits in with effective performance management
- When to use and not to use the 'coffee break coaching' approach
- Summary and action planning