Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Workplace Based Assessments for SAS Doctors within the NHS
Who Would Benefit
Healthcare professionals who have not been formally trained in Workplace Assessment or who are in need of a refresher.
The pressure on doctors to work and supervise their junior colleagues and other peers has never been higher within the context of Workplace Assessment for SAS doctors. This programme is designed to enable individual doctors to work with a number of assessment tools and build tips and techniques to ensure they are using them correctly, fairly and consistently. By its nature, it will be a practical programme.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
- Understanding of workplace based assessments
- Your roles and responsibilities within the assessment
- Understand the roles and competencies required within the Medical Education Faculty
- How to apply Miller's Pyramid
- Understand and apply in-work assessment tools for both Foundation and Specialist trainees
- Be able to demonstrate competence in providing educational feedback for a range of different clinical scenarios
- Assess colleagues in their assessments of others
- Practically apply the skills and receive feedback
The Programme Includes:
- What is Workplace based assessment ( WPBA ).
- The roles and responsibilities for effective WPBA
- Educational supervision - who can assess who?
- Assessment definitions & the key principles
- Understanding and using Miller's pyramid
- Helping to build a learning portfolio and linking to PDPs
- Errors in assessment
- Feedback behaviours, barriers, reactions and principles
- Practical assessment skills and behaviours
- Practical assessments using recognised tools.