Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Appraisal & Revalidation Skills for Appraisers
Who Would Benefit
For new and experienced Appraisers who want to better understand the value of the rebalanced 2022 appraisal process, and the guidance of the rebalanced appraisal – MAG 22.
Appraisal forms an integral part of the doctors ‘revalidation process’. This programme is designed to outline what revalidation means to doctors, the evidence that they will have to provide, and essential tips and techniques to be fully prepared for their appraisal.
Includes recommendations for a flexible, rebalanced approach from the GMC, AoMRC and NHS England since the resumption of the appraisal process. With the aim of building upon the strength of the rebalanced 2020 appraisals, guidance continuation of the rebalanced appraisal – MAG 22. The new process aims to create a well-rounded system that factors in important aspects, such as wellbeing. The process is centered on supporting doctors and requires less paperwork focusing more on quality, rather than quantity, transferring from one appraisal process to another.
- CPD Points: 6
- Training Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Training Course Location: Virtual or to be determined by Client
By the end of this programme, delegates can:
- Understand the background, purpose and relevance of their appraisal interview
- Be able to identify their Responsible Officer ( RO ) through the local process
- Understand the Medical Appraisal Guide ( MAG22 ) and relate it to the three stage process
- Understand the importance of collecting evidence and the methods available to them, including multi-source feedback
The Programme Includes:
- What is medical appraisal and its purpose
- The role of medical appraisal in revalidation
- The Responsible Officer (RO)
- Medical Appraisers
- Key components of the appraisal process
- Inputs to appraisal
- The confidential appraisal discussion
- Outputs from appraisals
- Listening and using supportive language but challenging the appraisee if required
- Knowing where and to guide the appraisee if further support is required both locally and outside of the organisation
- Understanding well-being without becoming the therapist
- Useful links and resources
- Personal Development Plan Template 2022