Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Appraisal and Revalidation for the Appraisee
Who Would Benefit
All doctors need to revalidate and have a regular appraisal based on the core guidance for doctors the Good Medical Practice – Appraisal Framework. The purpose of revalidation is to assure patients and the public, employers and other healthcare professionals that licensed doctors are up to date and fit to practice.
This programme is designed to outline what revalidation means to Doctors, the evidence that they will have to provide, and essential tips and techniques to be fully prepared for their appraisal.
The appraisal will cover the whole of the doctor’s practice and show how they are meeting professional standards in everyday practice.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days:1
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
- Understand the background, purpose and relevance of their appraisal interview and how it links to revalidation
- Be able to identify their Responsible Office ( RO ) through the local process
- Understand the Medical Appraisal Guide ( MAG ) and relate it to the three stage process
- Gain knowledge of the choices they can have when choosing an appraiser
- Understand the importance of collecting evidence and the methods available to them, including multi source feedback.
- Identify the 4 key domains of the Good Medical Practice Framework and how to link examples to the evidence
- Be able to describe how the appraisal interview relates to performance management gaps and how the appraiser will be looking for actions to bridge them
- Identify and state the key elements required for preparing to be appraised and the importance of careful preparation
- Explore and understand the key skills and behaviour needed to give positive outcomes for you being appraised and how to ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
- Understand the importance of feedback as a technique within the appraisal process, both to yourself and your responsibility to feedback on your appraiser.
The Programme Includes:
Module 1: The background and purpose of revalidation and how it links to appraisals
- The history of revalidation
- The background behind the process
- Introduction to the Medical Appraisal Guide (MAG)
- The role of your Responsible Officer (RO)
- Choosing your appraiser
Module 2: Inputs to appraisal
- Collecting and providing evidence
- Sources for input including multi-source feedback
- The Good Medical Practice Framework
Module 3: The confidential appraisal interview
- What you can expect from the appraiser
- Your behaviour at interview
Module 4: Outputs from your appraisal
- The appraisers statement
- Appraiser feedback
- Professional development plan ( PDP ) linking to SMART objectives
Module 5: Action plans and goals