Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Mental Health Awareness for Supervisors and Managers
Who Would Benefit
Supervisors and Managers, who need to be confident in supporting their team when experiencing mental ill-health and want to be able to spot the signs of the most common mental health issues. Those who are shying away from the subject because they lack the skills and the confidence to become more engaged for fear of making matters worse or provoking legal consequences.
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
The delegates gain an understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive well-being. Learn how to approach conversations sensitively and work as a team to support staff reducing the requirement to involve HR or Occupational Health.
- CPD Points: 6
- Recommended No. of Days: 1 day
- Training Course Location: To be determined by Client
- Be more confident in supporting employee mental health at work
- Spot the warning signs of poor mental health within the team
- Confidently have empathetic personal conversations
- Offer the right support, resources and direction early on
- Intervene when needed, and signpost to the right level of support
The Programme Includes:
- What we mean by stress and mental health issues and how to identify them in the workplace
- Promoting well-being and the value of a positive approach in the work environment
- Talking at an early stage, monitoring the well-being of staff and the early steps that can be taken when an employee experiences mental health problems
- Adopting a holistic approach to managing an individual an organisational and individual basis
- Managing contacts in a sensitive but constructive way
- Returning to work -most people with mental health problems make a successful return to work with effective planning and monitoring of the return to work
- Managing an ongoing illness while at work