Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Cross Cultural Communication within the NHS
Who Would Benefit
Cross Cultural Communication within the NHS means being culturally aware which provides a real advantage to businesses and individuals who work in multi-cultural organisations. In fact without this awareness, huge unintentional mistakes can be made which seriously impact on communication with patients from other cultures. Also, being culturally aware enables individuals to get the very best from culturally diverse teams and work forces.
The aim of this workshop is to explore Cross Cultural Communication and the ways that culture affects perceptions, behaviours and communications. It will also allow delegates to explore how they can increase the patient’s satisfaction by delivering patient expectations through effective communication skills.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
- Describe the influence of culture on attitudes towards communication
- Consider cultural dimensions in managing the doctor and patient relationship
- Understand how to increase patient satisfaction
- Know the 4 styles of personalities and how to deal with them, understanding how opposites need behavioural strategies
- Discover how assertive you are and the differences between aggression, passivity and assertiveness.
The Programme Includes:
- Welcome and introduction
- What challenges and barriers affect communication in the NHS workplace?
- Cultural Conflicts & dealing with them in the NHS
- Increasing Patient Satisfaction
- What do patients complain of most?
- Personalities & Behavioural Style
- You rights as a human being
- Summary & close