Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Powerful Communication Skills Healthcare Training Course
Who Would Benefit
For those possessing a sound knowledge of good communication skills wishing to gain a deeper understanding of the subtle nuances of the communication process.
The delegate will learn the essential skills of communicating successfully with others from all walks of life. The content will explore several methods of improving the way you interact with others and other personality-based concepts with the aim of improving a professional ‘communicators’ impact. Although deeply practical in its nature, the focus will be on becoming more self-aware and will examine in great detail areas such as Emotional Intelligence and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and how they can add genuine value to working relationships.
- CPD Points: 12
- Training Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 2
- Training Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
- Build better relationships using EI by being more self-aware
- Explain and apply NLP techniques for better communication
- Demonstrate the importance and power of ‘words’
- Use various communication channels in communicating assertively and positively
- Manage conflict resolution successfully
The Programme Includes:
- Welcome, introduction & review personal objectives
- Defining self-awareness – how much do we really see?
- Enhancing self-awareness and ability to manage yourself more effectively
- Your relationship with others – what works/what doesn’t
- Who do we want to influence and why?
- Assertive vs aggressive behaviour
- Becoming aware of personal emotional intelligence ‘blind spots’
- Apply ‘Emotional Intelligence’ skills to motivate and empower others
- Solve pressing problems more easily, quickly and effectively
- Understand why personal fears and mood swings materialise
- Build strong, open and honest relationships
- Why do we build rapport quickly with some and not others?
- What is NLP? What it can be used for?
- NLP as a powerful communication tool / How we measure successful communication
- How to look for tangible results when communicating (not just impressions)
- Communication channels - Visual, Auditory and kinaesthetic types
- Mirroring and pacing people
- Understanding personal strategies
- Matching & mismatching
- Managing conflict - Turning conflict into empathy in challenging situations
- Summary, review personal objectives & close