Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Human Factors in Healthcare Training Course
Who Would Benefit
All employees, who wish to understand more about the factors that influence human behaviour.
Human Factors is the scientific discipline that is interested in the different factors which influence behaviour. These include environmental, organisational and job factors as well as individual characteristics which may influence a person’s behaviour. Combined, these factors can ultimately have an impact on health and safety.
Unfortunately, human error cannot be completely avoided; even the most highly trained professional can still make mistakes. This interactive training course will highlight the factors that can influence people and their behaviour and with a clear understanding of human factors, teams can be more aware of potential threats and minimise errors.
This course examines when and where things go wrong, the root causes of error and what can be done in managing these situations when faced with the stresses and strains of everyday work.
- CPD Points: 12
- Training Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 2
- Training Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
At the end of this programme the delegate can:
- Identify how and why critical incidences occur
- Analyse the environmental factors likely to cause critical incidences
- Understand their behaviour and how this impacts situations
- Understand the behaviour of others
- Identify behavioural responses under stress
- Explain how to perform more safely and effectively
- Design implementation plans to improve communication and efficiency
The Programme Includes:
- Welcome & Course Introduction
- Review personal objectives
- Defining a critical incident
- Introduction to human behaviour
- Exploring your own nature
- Exploring the nature of others
- Recognising how others see the world
- Strategies to work more effectively together
- Review of the previous day and introduction to the day
- Challenging behaviours
- Managing conflict
- Assertive behaviour
- Assertive versus aggressive behaviour
- Essential communication skills
- Active listening
- Coaching for performance
- Personal Action Plan
- Review Personal Objectives