Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Who Would Benefit
This interactive day is suitable for all Healthcare Professionals, from Senior Consultants to Health trainers and community workers.
Motivational interviewing is a style of communication that uses a guiding/reflective style to engage with patients, clarify their strengths and aspirations, and utilise their own motivations for change, and promote independence of decision making. It also helps you to become more effective when it comes to people making decisions about themselves.
The course introduces participants to the theory, spirit and principles in using MI to help people make positive change. The training will use a range of methods including didactic teaching, live demonstrations, audio, and video and coaching. The training will aim to create a curiosity to learn more and develop practice.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
- Understand the spirit and principles of MI
- Identify and practice MI key skills
- Reflect on how to usefully implement MI key skills into your own practice
The Programme Includes:
- MI – What is it – Background and evidence
- The spirit & principles of MI – Collaboration, Evocation, Autonomy, Support, Direction Rapport building
- Core concepts and skills of MI – Asking, Listening and Informing
- Open Questions and Affirmations
- Reflections, Summaries and Change talk – recognising and eliciting
- The Righting Reflex and Ambivalence – the guiding principles
- Agenda Setting – “theirs not yours” for your area of work
- Questions and Evaluation