Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Personal Development
Assertiveness and How To Acquire It!
Who Would Benefit
Anyone managing a team will benefit and enjoy this course. Alternatively, if you find yourself in a position where you feel people are taking advantage of your good nature or that you need to stand up for yourself more in a non-aggressive manner then you will gain a great deal from this course.
The ability to assertively manage your interactions with other people is essential for managers and colleagues alike if they are to gain agreement and co-operation from others in order to achieve tasks and get things done. This course provides the necessary skills and formulas to help managers create a powerful style with colleagues and customers alike and distinguish between assertive and aggressive behaviour. Delegates will leave with the confidence in themselves to be able to display assertiveness when required, but in a fair and non-aggressive way that will have a positive effect on others.
- CPD Points: 6
- Training Course Category: Personal Development
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Training Course Location: To be determined by Client
- Being assertiveness and positive towards others
- Use powerful body language to positive effect
- Understanding when to use an assertive approach when needed
- Display a positive attitude
- Use empathy & understanding when interacting with others
The Programme Includes:
- Assessing how you currently assert yourself (or not)
- Are you standing up for yourself?
- Assessing current behaviour encountered
- Understanding different personalities
- Recognising your own style
- Transactional analysis ~ an overview
- Comparing parental & childlike behaviour
- Powerful body language
- Building personal confidence and self esteem
- Saying ‘No’ confidently
- What to do when you receive a poor response
- Comparing assertiveness & aggression
- Recognising assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour in others
- Offering feedback, criticism and praise positively
- Handling conflict
- Gaining agreement
- Confirming understanding
- Review personal objectives & close