Choosing the course that's right for you.
- Remote Working – A Virtual Learning Programme
Course Category: Virtual Learning
Remote Working – A Virtual Learning Programme
Who Would Benefit
If you work from home or manage anyone that works from home then this programme is designed to help you to be at least as productive as your office-based colleagues if not more productive.
This virtual learning programme has been developed to help organisations, managers and teams who are facing unprecedented business disruption and who need to maintain business continuity.
This programme of three webinars can be accessed from a laptop, desktop or mobile phone and is supported by individual workstreams and action plans and support documentation including top-tips checklists.
CPD Points: 6
Course Category: Virtual Learning Programmes
- Help you build a personalised working strategy
- Improve your communication when working remotely
- Improve your understanding and expectations of working as part of a remote team
- Improve your knowledge of using technology
- Help you build resilience and coping strategies
The Programme Includes:
Webinar 1 - Team & Managers
- Welcome and Introduction
- The 70/20/10 principle for self-directed learning
- Objectives and learning stages - 3 webinars plus 2 projects
- Supporting resources – managing the process remotely
- Preparation and goal setting
- Flexible working and working from home guidelines
- Setting up structured lines of communication
- Establishing expectations boundaries and responsibilities
- Each participant to set out a daily work plan and daily communication plan
- Managers to consider their communication plan for the team and individuals
Webinar 2 - Team & Managers
- Feedback from individual learning sets and webinar #1
- Using the telephone and web platforms to establish powerful alternatives to face-to-face meetings
- Following up meeting - best approaches
- Do you need an ‘accountability partner’?
- Developing personal resilience
- Looking after your mental health
- Work /home life balance - establishing personal guidelines and boundaries
- Each participant to scope out their personal ‘rule book’
- Managers to consider how to balance team and individual needs.
Webinar 3 - Leading a Team of Remote Workers
The good news is that leading a remote team has a lot in common with leading any other type of team. However, if you are used to managing by watching what people are doing, there will need to be a shift in mindset for you and your team.
- Feedback from individual learning sets and webinar #2
- Never managed remotely before? What are your fears and hopes?
- Key points to doing it successfully
- Learning to let go - communication is key
- The importance of explicit ‘Communication Agreements’
- Direction - not intrusive supervision
- Using software to improve collaboration, meeting and workflow capabilities
- Time to start narrating your work and actions
- Technology: ideal for both formal and informal communication
- Provide training and support
- Work-Life: integration and separation
- Q & A
- Final action planning as individuals, teams and managers