Choosing the course that's right for you.
- Leading Through Adversity - A Virtual Learning Programme
Course Category: Virtual Learning
Leading Through Adversity - A Virtual Learning Programme
Who Would Benefit
In these challenging and uncertain times Leaders must remain resilient, calm and continue to inspire and motivate those they lead. This programme will focus on those leadership qualities and skills required to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty.
This virtual programme seeks to examine how the environment impacts our leadership style and what strategies can be adopted in times of crisis. The final part of the programme will consider how through effective communication you can inspire confidence and a sense of connectivity in those you lead during these difficult times.
CPD Points: 6
Course Category: Virtual Learning Programmes
- Identify key skills and qualities required of leaders
- Encourage you to reflect on your preferred leadership style and challenge you to consider how you might adapt when faced with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Provide a framework for consideration that supports leaders to manage through a crisis
- Assess the role of the leader throughout the crisis management process
- Consider how the way you communicates can transfer confidence to your teams
- Ensure that you send a consistent message in language that is familiar and reassuring
The Programme Includes:
- Welcome and introductions
- Objectives for the session
- Examining the skills and qualities of great leaders in adverse times
- Leadership Styles
- Being flexible in your approach
- An understanding of what makes the current environment so challenging for leaders
- How do we navigate the uncertainty of our future
- Review the supporting material emailed to them
- Self-reflection exercise on leadership styles
- Review the pre-assigned work and delegate observations
- Applying a structured approach to Crisis Management
- Identifying what the role of the leader is at each key stage of the framework
- Regaining control moving from a ‘Reactive’ approach to ‘Proactive’ approach to get ahead of the curve.
- Review the Crisis Management framework in your context
- Review ‘Sound Bite’ for discussion on final webinar
- How do we deliver impactful communications that instil confidence in your teams?
- Identifying What, When and How to communicate during times of difficulty
- Considering the importance of language to inspire and motivate others
- And finally, delegates will have a chance to share best practice and ask questions in an open forum