Choosing the course that's right for you.
- Delegation Skills - A Virtual Learning Programme
Course Category: Virtual Learning
Delegation Skills - A Virtual Learning Programme
Who Would Benefit
This one day course is designed to support people who have to delegate work to others and in doing so create the time and space for them to become more effective in their own function. This course can be delivered virtually over a 1-day period or in shorter 90-minute sessions with breaks in between or on different days.
The programme has been designed to help you understand the context of delegation, who, what and when to delegate to create the space you need to become even more effective yourself. Our trainer will help you to understand how to delegate and do so in a way that motivates and engages your team in reaching your common goal in the areas that will have the greatest impact on your organisation. The payback from effective delegation is immediate, and this intensive programme will develop your delegation skills to the full.
CPD Points: 6
Course Category: Virtual Learning Programmes
- You will understand what, when and how to delegate
- Learn how to use delegation as a tool for developing, engaging and motivating your team.
- Develop the skills to monitor and evaluate the tasks you have delegated
- Learn how to give effective feedback
- You will develop the vital coaching skills required to support effective delegation
The Programme Includes:
Webinar 1 - The Psychology of Delegation
- Understanding the psychology of delegation, the barriers and how to overcome these
- Are you delegating or dumping?
- The benefits and risks of delegating
- When you should and shouldn’t delegate
- Poor delegation and the impact this can have
Webinar 2 - The 'Art' of Delegation
- The art of delegating to motivate others
- Analyse your workforce
- 'Will' versus 'Skill'
- Planning your delegation strategy
- Exploring the stages of effective delegation
- Giving a detailed brief and gaining buy-in
Webinar 3 - Supporting & Measuring Progress
- Monitoring and supporting during the process
- Giving effective feedback
- Coaching skills to support delegation
- Course Review
- Personal Action Planning