Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Personal Development
Creative Writing Skills
Who Would Benefit
Anyone in any role who produces written work and is looking to ensure that it is engaging, interesting, appealing and easy to read.
This programme will focus on those essential written skills required for both internal and external communication. Delegates will develop clear and effective written communication skills and will leave with structures for writing creative, purposeful and concise reports and documents. Delegates will grow in confidence knowing that they can write a report that will make their point in a persuasive manner resulting in action from their target audience.
The programme will be a mixture of instruction, discussion analysis and practice, supported by practical written exercises. For pre-course preparation, delegates will be requested to bring along examples of ‘live’ written examples, including those they have both written and received to work on as the programme develops.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Personal Development
- Recommended No. of Days: 1 (often accompanied by a follow up day)
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
- Ensure use of good language and grammar
- Write concisely and accurately
- Use mind mapping as a creative writing tool
- Clearly define writing showing objectives, structure and desired outcomes
- Write persuasively and engagingly at all times
The Programme Includes:
- What types of written communication do we use?
- The purpose of written communication and reasons
- The difference effective writing can make
- Examples of effective and poor writing
- Delegate exercise, analysis & feedback
- Use of language - some golden rules
- Preparing to write
- Research / Outline planning / Writing / Evaluation / Review
- Creative writing techniques
- Using mind-mapping as a useful preparatory tool
- Creative flair ~ imaginative writing
- Purpose / Structure / Clarity / Loyalty
- Grammar - Practical hints and tips
- Spelling / Punctuation / Common mistakes / Rules for checking