Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Who Would Benefit
This programme is suitable for all those responsible for mentoring a protégé.
The content will help you to provide them with the tools and confidence to be able to mentor colleagues effectively ensuring continuous progression and development.
Delegates will leave this programme being able to explain and demonstrate the key skills, knowledge and attitude required to be an expert mentor.
They will be confident in choosing the most appropriate method of learning for their protégé and implement regular development with maximum impact.
The course is highly practical and offers intense feedback in the pursuit of excellence.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
- Explain the differences between coaching, counselling, training and mentoring
- Describe how to set clear goals within the mentoring ‘contract’
- Demonstrate how to impart knowledge and inspire a protégé
- Give constructive feedback and develop relationships
The Programme Includes:
The role of the Mentor
- What is mentoring?
- What are the benefits for company/protégé/you?
- How is it different from coaching, counselling or training?
- What skills, knowledge and attitude does a good mentor need?
- Building trust and confidence in you!
Mentoring in Action
- Planning - Action before/during/after a mentoring session
- Creating the right environment for mentoring meetings
- Agreeing mentoring goals and parameters
- Assessing your protégé and adapting your approach
- Active listening & questioning
- Using the GROW technique
- Giving constructive and powerful feedback
Creating a Mentoring Culture
- Assessing the impact of mentoring on the protégé and the organisation
- Creating engagement with stakeholders for the benefits of mentoring
- Setting up a formal mentoring programme