Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Managing Equality in the Workplace
Who Would Benefit
This workshop is intended to alert managers to bias that could affect decisions regarding recruitment, promotion and attitudes to others in the workplace.
Delegates will be provided a thorough knowledge of current equality and diversity law and given an insight into likely future changes in legislation. In particular, it will consider the impact of discrimination within the workplace and will encourage delegates to explore and embrace ‘differences’.
The implications of recent precedents will be examined and case studies will bring the course content to life enabling delegates to adopt positive outcomes and suitable best practice to ensure compliant procedures. All delegates will leave feeling confident and able to apply their knowledge in the workplace.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Course Duration: 1
- Course Location: Virtual or classroom based
- Learn to avoid unconscious bias at work
- Understand the principles of equality & diversity legislation
- Understand discrimination and the impact in the workplace
- Identify how to manage & lead a diverse & inclusive team culture
- Develop confidence to effectively manage discrimination in the workplace
The Programme Includes:
- Defining the principles of Equality & Diversity within The Legal Framework
- Understanding company policies & procedures
- Unconscious bias in the workplace and why it matters
- Understanding the difference between bias, prejudice and stereotyping
- Why do we have unconscious biases?
- Recognising bias within yourself
- How to avoid unconscious bias
- The benefits of diversity
- Managing & leading a diverse team culture
- Your responsibility as a manager
- Promoting inclusivity
- Encouraging others to act in a similar manner