Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Handling Difficult Situations / People
Who Would Benefit
Delegate who want to effectively deal with situations that arise when a person with sensitive or emotional issues, grievances or complaints have to be dealt with in a professional, polite and effective manner.
Delegates will learn how to assert themselves with the most difficult situations and to act effectively even when they are unable to offer any significant help or compensation at the time. They will also learn to deal with conflict and resist manipulation.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Course Duration:1
- Course Location: Virtual or classroom based
- Define assertive versus aggressive behaviour
- Understand people behaviour and emotional drivers
- Prioritise and manage expectations
- Maintain personal control during difficult conversations
- Display clear & effective communication skills
The Programme Includes:
- Why are people difficult?
- What situations do you currently encounter?
- Understanding different personality types
- Different personality styles
- Adapting personal styles
- Dealing with conflict & difficult situations
- Active listening
- Saying ‘No’ politely & effectively
- Defining assertive V’s aggressive behaviour
- Resisting and counteracting manipulation
- Essential communication skills
- How you communicate, not what you communicate
- Difficult Situations Workshop
- Influencing skills to pacify angry or emotional people
- Gaining agreement and confirming understanding