Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Management & Leadership
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Who Would Benefit
This training course is designed to ensure that every single person in an organisation has a thorough understanding of the value and importance of equality, diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. This course is not about ‘box-ticking’ - diverse organisations have been proven to be more creative and productive and are more engaging places to work. Understanding why you might by unconsciously biased and how you can contribute to an environment in which people are valued and supported in an inclusive environment is what this Equality, Diversity and Inclusion course is designed to achieve.
This is a highly interactive course in which participants will be able to explore how to create an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace. Key issues will be explored including topics such as unconscious bias, avoiding discrimination, taking responsibility and delegates will also have the opportunity for personal reflection. By discussing, debating and reflecting on the topics delegates will become enabled and motivated to adopt positive outcomes and embrace best practice.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Course Location: Virtual or classroom based
- Understand what unconscious bias is and how to avoid it
- Learn what is really meant by the words equality, diversity and inclusion
- Identify personal behaviours that will support EDI
- Build your own personal confidence to be able to call-out unsupportive behaviours and take action
- Understand how and why diverse organisations are more successful and creative
The Programme Includes:
- What does diversity mean to you?
- Can diverse organisations be more successful? (give examples)
- Why and how?
- What is unconscious bias?
- Race, gender, religion, sexuality etc.
- Why might we be biased?
- Are you biased?
- Personal reflection and group discussion
- Practical steps to avoid discrimination
- What formal and informal options do we have?
- What can you do if you see it?
- Discussion: What is banter?
- When does it become harassment or bullying?
- Defining sexual discrimination and bullying
- Where to draw the line
- How to keep the fun alive
- Personal thoughts and reflections
- Make it count
- What is one thing you will do differently?