Choosing the course that's right for you.
- Appraisals Skills and Revalidation for Appraisers
Course Category: Healthcare
Appraisals Skills and Revalidation for Appraisers
Who Would Benefit
Senior doctors, who need to be able to conduct appraisal interviews confidently using the GMC Practice Framework and Medical Appraisal Guide.
The delegate will learn that conducting a successful Appraisal is an integral part of the revalidation process. This in-depth programme has been designed to explain the purpose and importance of appraisal and to offer the key skills required in conducting a successful appraisal.
The programme will discuss topics such as appraisal documentation required, dealing with difficult appraisals, personal development plans and the importance of multi-source feedback.
- CPD Points: 12
- Training Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 2
- Training Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
- Explain the relevance of the appraisal interview and how it links to revalidation
- Identify and understand the 4 domains from the GMC's Good Medical Practice Framework, and what evidence to look for from the appraisee from their portfolio
- Understand the Medical Appraisal Guide ( MAG ) and relate it to the three-stage process
- Identify and state the key elements required for preparing to conduct an appraisal and the importance of careful preparation and the rules for collection and feedback of comments
- Understand and explain the importance of collecting evidence and the methods available to them, including multi-source feedback
- Successfully describe how the appraisal interview relates to performance management gaps and how the appraiser will be looking for actions to bridge them
- Understand the importance of feedback as a technique within the appraisal process, both to yourself and your responsibility to feedback on your appraisee
- Understand how to deal with different personalities in a constructive and positive manner. This will supplement the positive nature of the appraisal.
- Build an action plan to feed into a personal development plan
- Understand how SMART objectives relate to the PDP and how to develop them for practical application
- Prepare a detailed Action Plan which sets SMART objectives and activities with timescales. Together with the Record of Learning and the Action Plan, a method of incorporating what you have learnt into everyday practice will be explored to help with leading an appraisal
- Keep a record of their learning experiences to be referred to after the programme
- How to appraise doctors against Educational and Clinical Supervision requirements (the 7 domains of Educational Excellence)
The Programme Includes:
- Module 1: Introduction to Revalidation and Appraisal requirements
- Module 2: The four core domains of Good Medical Practice
- Module 3: The Appraisal Process
- Module 4: Preparation for Interviews
- Module 5: The confidential appraisal interview
- Module 6: Reflection and feedback
- Module 7: Personal Development Planning