Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Dementia Awareness Healthcare Training Course
Who Would Benefit
This dementia awareness training course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their knowledge and understanding of dementia. The course is designed as an introduction to the topic of dementia and so no pre-requisite training or knowledge is needed.
This half-day training course aims to enable attendees to define the term ‘dementia’ and recognise the main signs, symptoms and causes of the illness.
- CPD Points: 6
- Training Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days:1
- Training Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
- To have an understanding of the condition.
- Have an awareness of the effect it may have on everyone involved.
- Be aware of the signs and symptoms.
- Recognise the stages of dementia.
- Understand how to refer patients suspected of suffering from Dementia
- How to resource support for them and their family/friends and carers
The Programme Includes:
- How dementia is defined
- The 6 pillars of prevention
- Assessment processes and testing
- The most common causes of Dementia
- Timeline of Symptoms
- What are the recognisable symptoms of Dementia?
- What are the procedures to follow if you suspect a patient may be suffering from Dementia?