Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Management & Leadership
Who Would Benefit
Managers, team leaders and supervisors with direct reports and responsibility for managing sickness absence.
Delegates will learn to manage and improve absenteeism in the business. This course is designed to help managers to manage sickness and absence within the confines of the company's Sickness and Absence policy and within the confines of good employment practises defined by the boundaries of the law.
The course aims to equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to manage this effectively.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
At the end of this programme the delegate can:
• Manage absence effectively
• Improve levels of absenteeism
• Understand why people are absent
• Handle different types of absence
• Manage expectations
The Programme Includes:
- What is absence? ~ The 'policy' definition
- The legal position
- The 'Sickness and Absence Policy'
- Understanding and interpretation
- Implementing the policy
- The role of the line manager
- Understanding absenteeism
- Possible reasons for absence from work
- The employee's perspective
- Avoiding absenteeism issues
- Managing absenteeism
- Persistent short-term absence & long-term absence
- When absence becomes a disciplinary issue
- Dismissal on grounds of ill health
- Dismissal on grounds of persistent absenteeism