Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Strategic People Management
Who Would Benefit
Senior Managers and Directors who have organisational responsibility for human capital development in order to deliver a strategic business plan.
If we accept that a company's most valuable asset is its people then it makes sense to create a workable and robust strategy for people development. This programme will examine in great detail the essential areas that require specific attention in order for you to build a far reaching and successful organisation-wide plan for your people.
The content will challenge traditional thinking and ensure that the delegate has the required knowledge, skills and attitude to create and implement a credible strategic people development plan.
- CPD Points: 12
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Course Duration: 2
- Course Location: Virtual or classroom based
- Explain the key principles of strategic people development
- Demonstrate how to create a sustainable strategy
- Encourage and motivate others to embrace the strategy
- Display a knowledge of the HR function
- Build a recognisable foundation for the future through your people
The Programme Includes:
- What is Strategic People Management?
- Function of the HR department
- Where does HR fit into the organisation?
- People - worth
- Organisational values and attitudes
- Creating and managing a sustainable culture
- Employee relations
- Engaging with your workforce
- Titles, job functions and the 'fit for purpose' test
- Career development
- Developing people and teams
- Succession planning
- Managing resources efficiently
- Managing diversity
- Organisational development
- Developing a 'People Strategy' to deliver the 'Business Strategy'
- Motivation from an organisation-wide perspective
- Striving to be a 'people-focused' organisation
- Adjusting to change
- Our leadership challenges