Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Leadership & Management
Human Factors Training
Who Would Benefit
All employees who wish to understand more about the factors that influence human behaviour.
Human Factors is the scientific discipline which is interested in the different factors which influence behaviour. These include environmental, organisational and job factors as well as individual characteristics which may influence a person’s behaviour. Combined, these factors can ultimately have an impact on health and safety.
Unfortunately human error cannot be completely avoided; even the most highly trained professional can still make mistakes. This interactive training course will highlight the factors that can influence people and their behaviour and with a clear understanding of human factors, teams can be more aware of potential threats and minimise errors.
This course examines when and where things go wrong, the root causes of error and what can be done in managing these situations when faced with the stresses and strains of everyday work.
- CPD Points: 12
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Course Duration: 2
- Course Location: Virtual or classroom based
At the end of this programme the delegate can:
- Identity how and why critical incidences occur
- Analyse the environmental factors likely to cause critical incidences
- Understand their behaviour and how this impacts upon situations
- Understand the behaviour of others
- Identify behavioural responses under stress
- Explain how to perform more safely and effectively
- Design implementation plans to improve communication and efficiency
The Programme Includes:
- Welcome & Course Introduction
- Review personal objectives
- Defining a critical incident
- Introduction to human behaviour
- Exploring your own nature
- Exploring the nature of others
- Recognising how others see the world
- Strategies to work more effectively together
- Review of previous day and introduction to the day
- Challenging behaviours
- Managing conflict
- Assertive behaviour
- Assertive versus aggressive behaviour
- Essential communication skills
- Active listening
- Coaching for performance
- Personal Action Plan
- Review Personal Objectives