Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Management & Leadership
Workshop Moderation & Facilitation Skills
Who Would Benefit
This course will benefit anyone who regularly facilitates a selection of different business workshops or meetings and want to maximise the time allocated and outcomes achieved. delegate to leave with a thorough understanding of why workshop moderation is an important business activity that can be used as an effective way to make decisions, capture requirements, plan projects and gain consensus.
Delegate will leave with a thorough understanding of why workshop moderation is an important business activity that can be used as an effective way to make decisions, capture requirements, plan projects and gain consensus.
This course is designed to explore communication skills and techniques required to successfully facilitate workshops and meetings in a business context. Although the course will be classroom based the course will include a variety of interactive exercises, which require every member of the group to take an active role.
- CPD Points: 1 day
- Course Category: Management & Leadership
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
- Identify the role & responsibilities of a workshop moderator
- Learn the best practice principles of workshop facilitation
- Understand different group dynamics & managing group discussions
- Identify how to handle difficult situations and people
- Develop increased personal confidence when facilitating
The Programme Includes:
- Workshop planning & preparation
- Defining purpose / directions
- Selecting the right approach for the size of your audience
- Preparing support materials / handouts
- Managing participant’s expectations ~ pre workshop communication
- Different types & style of workshop
- Client briefing / problem solving, decision making, planning, review
- Understanding different personality preferences
- Managing group dynamics
- Examination of group behaviour
- Recognising individual motives & hidden personal agendas
- Learning to disagree (or be disagreed with) constructively
- Essential facilitation skills