Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Teach the Teacher in the NHS
Who Would Benefit
All those who have not had formal training in Teach the Teacher in the NHS or who are in need of a refresher.
An important part of every Doctor’s life is the ability to Teach the Teacher and take on the teaching role in a number of different capacities, from educational supervision to work place based assessments. Both the Good Medical Practice and the Clinical Leadership Competency Framework encourage doctors to develop their skills to better help and support others to achieve and create a better service for their patients.
They are core skills which doctors will be assessed on each year at appraisal and your ability to constantly improve yourself are paramount to your success and career progression.
This 2 day programme is designed to in-still the core skills and competencies necessary to ensure that you are teaching to the maximum of your own ability using the correct and necessary techniques.
Delegates are required to prepare one teaching session for one to one teaching on day one. This should be based on a piece of equipment or information. A 10-minute session for delivery on the second day of the programme needs to be prepared as well. The choice of subject matter is yours.
- CPD Points: 12
- Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 2
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
- Identifying training needs through Training Needs Analysis
- Explain the teaching process
- Display and understanding of how to adapt to different learning styles
- Show how to set key learning objectives
- Validating your teaching
- Teaching on a 1:1 basis
- Platform skills to deliver teaching effectively and timely
- Explain and use different teaching methodologies
The Programme Includes:
- Introduction to training
- The benefits of training and your role as trainer
- The teaching process
- Establishing training needs
- Mechanisms, models and tools
- How people learn in teaching
- Learning curves / the learning cycle
- Memory / Retention / Motives for learning / Barriers to learning
- Establishing learning objectives
- Body language platform skills and rapport creation
- Validating your teaching
- Teaching methodology including ward rounds, lectures, presentations
- Adapting to learning types
- Managing group dynamics and challenging learners
- Structure in teaching: Planning the session / attention curves
- Writing and compiling teaching handouts
- Designing interactive exercises
- Putting visuals together
- Delegates deliver a 10 minute teaching session
- Individual and group analysis & feedback