Choosing the course that's right for you.
Course Category: Healthcare
Clinical Supervision in the NHS
Who Would Benefit
All Clinicians who have not received formal tuition in the subject or who are in need of a refresher.
The role of the clinical supervisor is a critical one in the achievement of standards and curriculum throughout the NHS.
The Clinical supervisor has a different role to that of the educational supervisor and within this programme those areas will be highlighted. There will also be clear definitions around the main purposes and responsibilities of the position. With Doctors having appraisals each year it is imperative that Clinical Supervisors understand their role in ensuring that a Doctors appraisal, the resulting PDP, their job –plan and focus on Continuing Professional Development (CPD), is maintained. The Clinical Supervisor also has to ensure and encourage Clinical Audit and Multi-source feedback for each Doctor. This course is directed at those doctors who are preparing themselves for the role, or for those existing clinical supervisors who want to up-date or refresh their knowledge.
- CPD Points: 6
- Course Category: Healthcare
- Recommended No. of Days: 1
- Course Location: To be determined by Client
For more information contact Chris Dalzell
Tel: 0333 5777 144
By the end of the programme, the delegate can:
- Understand the clinical supervisors role and responsibilities
- Explain the required knowledge and skills to undertake this role and show leadership in this position
- Demonstrate how to link Appraisal, PDP, job plan and CPD needs.
- Have a clear understanding of how adults learn and a plan of action to ensure the team have all the necessary skills to undertake their delegated roles
- Lead a strategic, clinical development programme which links into all key curriculum, frameworks and required protocols.
- Understand the importance of open communication and how to show leadership in meetings
- How to build a balanced team to achieve strategic, organisational objectives
The Programme Includes:
- Welcome, introduction, review personal objectives
- Clinical and Educational supervisors-the differentiators
- Module 1: The Clinical Supervisor:
- Knowledge required
- Encouraging PDP development (Linking job plans, Formative appraisal elements and CPD requirements)
- Module 2: How adults learn:
- KOLB’s learning types
- The major learning methodology
- Strategic planning (team development, training)
- Module 3: Personal development
- Encouraging team work and open communication
- Leadership in supervision
- Managing developmental meetings
- Record of Learning & Action Plans for Results
- Close of course